Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where is Emelda Now?

  Cherry-mae Avilez Emelda on Cherry-mae's lap

Before I left Belize, I asked a dear friend and co-worker if she would be willing to care for Emelda in my absence.  Cherry-mae Avilez, is the Health Care Educator for the Toledo district.  She wears many hats, in addition to raising four children.  Bless her heart for being willing to welcome Emelda into her home. She may never know how much she has done for me.  I feel a sense of peace leaving Belize and not having Emelda come with me.  I know Emelda is safe and with a loving family. She has four brothers and sisters.  Adriana is 11, Kevin, 9, Michael 18 and Tyrek, 16!  After school, Emelda goes to Cherry-mae's mom's house (Otilda).  Otilda helps Emelda with her homework and she is working hard with Emelda to get her on track with her reading/writing. Love you all and thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments: