Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One Meeting at a Time

Wow! I never knew how much went into an adoption. This afternoon, I met with Leah and Etta to discuss the adoption process for little Miss E. Leah is the founder and Executive Director of A Red Thread Adoption Agency (redthreadadopt.org). Etta is a private consultant (www.etskyconsulting.com) who is very familiar with the adoption process and the Hague Convention rules/guidelines. I am determined to do everything I can to get her here. I will do all the necessary footwork and have to rely on my faith, that God will see to it that she become a part of my family.

I emailed a draft to Etta and Leah. These are very specific questions my lawyer in Belize needs to answer before I can proceed with the home study. I also sent a copy of the questions to Ingrid to pray for specifically tomorrow. Ingrid is an awesome woman and a prayer warrior. She has dedicated every Wednesday to the “Rescue Project”. That is what Ingrid has named Emelda’s journey. I love Ingrid! There are so many awesome women in my life. I praise God for putting each and everyone of them in my path.

I am exhausted tonight, but amazingly, I don’t feel overwhelmed with all there is to do to get Emelda home to me. I pray that God will continue to guide me and lead me through the process. I think once we get some of the initial questions out of the way and we know exactly what Belize wants, we can plow ahead full force. I have friends in Belize that will help me in this process. My God is my strength and He will direct every step, every step of the way.

Thank you Jesus! Praise you Lord. Praise your Holy Name! Be lifted up and glorified in all! Amen!

No comments: