Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Laugh

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiates 3: 1-8
 
During Devotions tonight, I was reminded that God created us to LAUGH and to HAVE FUN!  Just prior to tucking Em into bed and doing devotions with her, we had a DANCE PARTY and BELLY LAUGHED so HARD it hurt!  "show me your funniest drama face".  "show me your goofiest face".  How appropriate it was to open the devotional and read about laughing and dancing.  There was an important reminder in Emelda's devotion... It's ok to laugh with people, but never ok to laugh AT people.  I love it when I can put in my learning experiences and teachable moments.  I often hear Emelda telling them to someone later and it puts a smile on my face, because even when I think she's not listening, she IS!!!! 
 
Every night we pray before bed.  I love to hear the prayers of a child.  They are so innocent and simple, yet profound.  I also love hearing Emelda pray and hear how she has devoloped her prayers over time.  To hear her pray for specifics and to incorporate the devotions into her prayers, warms my heart. 
 
Tonight, when I came home from work, Emelda made me go to her room.  She closed the kitchen doors and blind-folded me.  She hen walked me into the kitchen and had me sit in the chair at the table.  I could hear the buttons on the microwave, then the sink... She told me I would find out the surprise in "2 minutes".  Emelda placed a towel as a bib for me!!!  Wow, those two minutes seemed like an eternity!  However, I was patient and even got Emelda laughing as I tried to figure out what was on the table.  Well, the microwave bell rang and Emelda raced to get whatever it was out.  As soon as she placed it in front of me, I could smell delicous chicken.  She removed the blindfold (that not only blinds you while you are blind folded, but after as well, until your eyes re-adjust to the ligh). In front of me was her creation.  Chicken (from the crock pot), Rice (from the Ricecooker) and broccoli which Emelda and Sarah had made for dinner.  Wow!  What a kiddo.  She made my night!  Emelda knew I had a long day at work and came home hungry!  She was so proud of her accomplishments and so was I!  Thank you, Emelda!  You are a SUPER STAR!!!!!
 

 


No comments: