Today, around 3:00pm, I received a call from the principal, Mrs. Nephew. "Hi Ms. Szymczak, this is Stephanie Nephew from Glover. Emelda is ok, she just needed to spend some time with me this morning. She and another student were "joking" and tried to cut another student's hair. The boy whose hair Emelda tried to cut had a pencil and Emelda had a sword fight with the scissors/pencil". Trying to contain my thoughts, I asked if the new doo looked ok? !?!.
One of Emelda's great qualities is she will tell me everything. I picked her up as usual and asked how her day was. She was unusually quiet and I asked if everything was ok. "I'll tell you in the car mom". Trying not to laugh, and looking concerned, I agreed. Emelda told me exactly what happened. I asked her some questions like how she thought the boy felt when she tried to cut his hair and do you think your actions were being like a leader or a follower. I then asked her what she thought her consequence should be. She said "no movie night". I agreed, but reminded her we weren't doing movie night since softball started. So, we agreed no radio/stereo from Monday-Wednesday. Ouch! Em loves to listen to music and dance in the morning. I also told her she needed to write a few letters of apology. Ouch! But, she rose to the occasion and here they are....
I also told Em, I'd be happy to pay for her hairdressing school but for now lets stick to math and spelling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment