Thursday, May 24, 2012
Mother's Day
Mother's day weekend was a wonderful weekend! Wow, to think that I am a mother! Two years now! Wow, the time has flown. I thank God everyday for my precious, amazing, talented, funny, compassionate, smart, witty, and loving daughter, Emelda. God has blessed me so much and I can't even begin to tell you how becomming a mother has changed my life. Thank you God. Thank you Emelda. Thank you mom.
Saturday, was the Women's breakfast. This is an annual event that is put on by my church, New Hope Chapel. This year was an exceptional time. We had so much talent; drama, violinist, and the girls choir! Mimi, Aunt Karen and Emelda were part of the celebration as well as my friend and co worker, Munah. Rosie did a fabulous job, as always raffling off prizes for those who lug around the most lipstick in their bags or who has the most amount of contacts in their cell phone. She is always so creative and comes up with great giveaways! Emelda, Kristina, Joycelyn and another little girl sang The Lollipop song! How precious they were.
After the luncheon, Mimi, Aunt Karen, Emelda and myself returned to my house. Papa Bill met us there and mimi and papa Bill presented Emelda with her doll house! Emelda was extatic!!! It is a beautiful doll house and it is evident hours, upon hours of work has been done on it. The only question is... WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT IT???? We are hemmoraging in our apartment. I've purged and re-arranged and purged and re-arranged. I think "STUFF" grows in our house overnight!
Mimi and Papa Bill headed back home and Aunt Karen, Emelda and I travelled a whole 7 miles to Stoughton MA and spent the night at the Sheraton. Emelda had a BLAST watching TV, swimming and requesting patriotic songs to the pianist at Rick's Cafe! We had a wonderful afternoon/evening and before I knew it, we were packing our bags to leave. Short and sweet. Mimi was missed and hopefully we can all be together next time.
Sunday was church and I was teaching. The children all made gifts for their moms. It was so hard not to watch Emelda as she carefully finished her project, but I steered clear of her! At the end of service all the moms were presented with their "gifts". In addition to my gift, I got a big hug too!!
Another surprise on Mother's Day was seeing Stacey and Steve Morris. They were visiting from Virginia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment