Sunday, June 12, 2011

Children's Day

Sunday, June 12th was Children's Day at church. Emelda has worked really hard the past couple of months memorizing her scripture verse: Even a child is known by his doings. Proverbs 20:12 and The Bible Pledge:

I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.

She also took it upon herself to learn the books of the New Testament which were supposed to be for the older kids.

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
I + II Corintians
Galetians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
I + II Thessalonians
I + II Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
I + II Peter
I, II, III John
Jude
Revelation

Good thing about all this memorization is mom had to learn it again too!!

Anyway, on Sunday, Emelda was presented with her first Bible. She is lovin it!! So far we have read every night and she is asking some tough questions, like well, if there was nothing here before God created it, then how was God created"? Not too shabby for a 9 year old.

Funny story... After church, we went grocery shopping and Emelda was sitting in the cart and just blurted out "I wasn't there for the Old Testament". I knew she was referring to not being in class to learn the books of the old testament, but this guy was hysterical and looked at Emelda and said "honey, I'm old, but I wasn't there for the Old Testament either"!!!

No comments: