Saturday night, Emelda, Aunt Karen and I did the annual stroll in Nashua NH. I have been building this up to Em for over a week now. Her excitement to see Santa is hard to contain. On several occasions she has asked me, "mom, is this gonna be the REAL santa from the North Pole. I told her to just wait and see, she was in for a BIG surprise!
Saturday evening we arrived at the stroll shortly after 4pm. We grabbed a hot cocoa and continued to our "spot" behind the fire truck. As we were approaching the fire truck, Em could see Santa in the driver's seat. Her pace picked up a bit. Pretty soon, she was at the door of the fire truck looking up in awe and wonder. I asked if she wanted to say "hi" to santa and she giggled. I love it when she giggles. It is when she giggles that she really wants to be a little kid and not the 8 going on 18 she sometimes can be!
I lifted her up onto the truck and she was in Santa's lap in no time. She checked him out from head to toe and was truly amazed at this santa. She was convinced this was the one from teh North Pole. I told Emelda to make sure she let santa know that she recently moved from Belize to the United States. Santa assured Emelda he was going to change her address in his book just as soon as he finished. We took a few pictures and Santa asked Emelda what she wanted for Christmas. She simply said "I don't know what I want for Christmas santa" and hopped down after one more hug.
Once she was down, the questions started. Where are the reindeers? Well, they had a LONG ride from the North Pole, so they are hanging out behind the fire station. They are getting a good dinner to help prepare for their long journey back to the North Pole. The firemen let Santa borrow the fire engine. And Santa's big book of all the names is back with the reindeers.
This kid was smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment