Thursday, January 8, 2009
My Patient Today
Today I had a patient from the Dominican Republic. The patient's 9 year old daughter was in the room with the patient and we got talking about Emelda and the adoption process. The little girl wanted to see pic's of Emelda, so I took her out to a computer to show her Emelda's website. She had lots of questions and really took an interest in Emelda and her story. In March, I will be part of a team of many medical disciplines from Brigham and Women's Hospital and MGH. The goal is to perform 45-50 hip and knee surgeries to men and women who never would have had the resources to have the surgery. I hope to meet up with my patient and her family and bring more exciting news to their daughter regarding Emelda and her journey to the states. Who knows, maybe one day, Emelda and this little girl will be friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment